Blayney Visitor Information
Blayney, NSW, Australia
Blayney is a charming country town located in the Central Tablelands region of New South Wales, Australia. It is just a short, scenic drive from Sydney, Canberra and Bathurst, making it an easily accessible destination for locals and tourists alike.
Things to Do
Blayney offers plenty of things to see and do, with many of the town's attractions centred around its rich history and natural beauty.
- Blayney Museum - Discover the town's fascinating history through a collection of artefacts and memorabilia.
- Blayney Heritage Walk - Take a stroll through the town's streets and admire the historic buildings, churches and monuments.
- Carrington Park - Located in the heart of Blayney, this beautiful green space is perfect for picnics, relaxing and enjoying family time.
- Vintage Machinery Museum - A unique collection of vintage farming equipment and machinery, showcasing the town's agricultural heritage.
- Blayney Farmers' Market - Held every third Sunday of the month, this market offers fresh, locally sourced produce and handmade goods.
Blayney offers a range of accommodation options, including hotels, motels, guesthouses and caravan parks. Here are some of the popular choices:
- Blayney Central Motel - Affordable, comfortable rooms in the heart of town.
- Belle La Rue Boutique Guesthouse - A charming, historic guesthouse with modern amenities.
- Blayney Goldfields Motor Inn - A 4-star motel with spacious, well-appointed rooms.
- Blayney Caravan Park - Offering affordable cabin and camping accommodation.
Blayney is located on the Mid-Western Highway, approximately 250km west of Sydney and 90km east of Bathurst. The town is also accessible via train, with daily services from Sydney and Bathurst.
Whether you're looking for a relaxing weekend getaway or an opportunity to explore the countryside, Blayney is a perfect destination to experience the beauty and history of rural New South Wales.